Microsoft KB Archive/40975
Works: Problems Running The Works Tour with Version 2.00
PSS ID Number: Q40975 Article last modified on 06-10-1996
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Works for the Macintosh, version 2.0|
When you double-click the Microsoft Works Tour icon, the following message may appear:
The file “Works Tour” could not be opened/printed (the application is busy or missing).
This problem is generally caused by the absence of HyperCard on any of the currently used disks.
The Works Tour is a HyperCard document; therefore, HyperCard is needed to run the tour. HyperCard does not come with the Works version 2.00 package; however, it does come with the Apple System version 6.0.2 package. (HyperCard is also shipped with some earlier versions of the Apple System; however, Apple System version 6.0.2 or later is needed to run Works version 2.00.). Contact your Apple dealer to obtain a copy of HyperCard.
There are two ways to run the Works Tour with HyperCard. With a hard disk, do the following:
- Copy HyperCard onto the hard disk.
- Restart the computer.
- If the Works Tour was copied to the hard drive, double-click the icon. Otherwise, insert the Tour disk and double-click the Works Tour icon.
With floppy disks, do the following:
- Insert the HyperCard start-up disk into one drive, then turn on the computer.
- From the File menu, choose the Open Stack command.
- Insert the Works Tour disk in the other drive, and click the Open button.
KBCategory: kbprint KBSubcategory: macworkskb
Additional reference words: 2.00
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1996.