Microsoft KB Archive/38667
Article ID: 38667
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 1.37
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0
- Microsoft Mail for Appletalk Networks 3.0
This article was previously published under Q38667
To run Microsoft Mail under Windows/286, do the following:
- Start AppleTalk by running the AppleTalk network device driver that came with your network card.
- Start the Notifier and sign in to Microsoft Mail.
- Start Windows.
- In the MS-DOS Executive window, choose MAIL286.PIF. This file is automatically copied to your Mail directory by the Setup program.
- When you've finished with your mailbox, choose Exit from the File menu to return to the MS-DOS Executive window but remain signed on to the Mail system.
As you work with applications in Windows, you can check your mailbox by switching from the application's window to the MS-DOS Executive window and running MAIL286.PIF.
While working with an application in Windows/286, the Notifier alert window won't appear when you receive a new message if the application is displaying in graphics mode. However, you will hear a chime if you've chosen that option from the Preferences dialog box (on the Mail menu).
For more information about running Mail with Windows/286, see Appendix C, "Using Mail with Microsoft Windows," in the "Microsoft Mail User's Guide."
Additional query words: 1.37 2.00 3.00