Microsoft KB Archive/36443
WD5X: Installing the RFT-DCA Converter in MacWord 5.x
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Word for the Macintosh, versions 5.0, 5.1, 5.1a
The Microsoft Word 5.0, 5.1, and 5.1a installer does not install the RFT- DCA converter. You must install the converter using the Customize option in the installer. This is also the case for Works 2.0 for the Macintosh.
To install the RFT-DCA converter:
- Double click on the Installer icon on the Word Install disk.
- When the first window appears, click OK.
- Click Continue.
- Click Customize.
- Scroll down until the converters you want are in view. Choose the RFT- DCA Converter option.
- Click Install.
- Word asks where you want the converters installed. Locate the folder that the Word program is in and click Install.
- At the end of the installation, choose the Quit option.
For more information on performing a custom installation of Word 5.x, see page 12 of the Word versions 5.0, 5.1, and 5.1a Getting Started manual.
Additional query words: rftdca dcarft rft/dca dca/rft dca-rft dca rft
Keywords : kbinterop kbsetup macword
Issue type : kbhowto
Last Reviewed: December 13, 1999