Microsoft KB Archive/256187
Article ID: 256187
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q256187
The flow of e-mail messages between Microsoft Mail and Exchange Server may stop without any error message being displayed in the application event log. If you view the performance log, you can see the MSExchangeMSMI service has stopped processing messages. If you restart the MSExchangeMSMI service, the flow of e-mail messages resumes. However, after some time, the flow of e-mail messages stops again.
This behavior can occur if there are too many files in the Att and Mai folders. If there are too many *.att or *.mai files in these folders, the MSExchangeMSMI service stops processing messages.
To resolve this issue, remove the old *.att and *.mai files:
- In Windows NT Explorer, locate the Exchsrvr\Connect\Msmcon\Maildata folder.
- Right-click the folder, and then click Find.
- In the Named box, type *.att;*.mai.
- Click to select the files in the list on the right, and then delete them.
Additional query words: msmi hang
Keywords: kbenv kbprb KB256187