Microsoft KB Archive/256116
Article ID: 256116
Article Last Modified on 9/23/2005
- Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q256116
When you attempt to open a Microsoft Schedule+ meeting request, you receive the following error message:
This problem occurs when a user is the delegate for a resource, such as a meeting room, and if all of the following conditions true:
- The resource and the delegate both use Schedule+ as their calendar.
- The delegate is using Outlook and has installed the Msoutl.exe file update to allow Schedule+ to view Outlook calendars. With the update, the Msoutl32.dll file, version 8.20:2588.0, is installed on the delegate's computer.
- Both the resource and the delegate use the same Microsoft Windows NT account for mailbox access.
- The delegate is set up to receive a copy of meeting requests that are sent to the resource mailbox.
- The resource mailbox has been accessed by Outlook.
The error occurs is caused by a code error. The code attempts to open an Outlook calendar when it should open the Schedule+ calendar.
A supported fix that corrects this problem is now available from Microsoft, but it has not been fully regression tested and should be applied only to systems experiencing this specific problem.
To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the fix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information on support costs, please go to the following address on the World Wide Web:
The English-language version of this fix should have the following file attributes or later:
Date Time Version Size File name ------------------------------------------------------- 2/24/2000 3:44PM 8.30.2651.0099 121,104 Msoutl32.dll
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
The original version of the Msoutl32.dll file, version 8.2:1.4308, did not have this problem, however, the original version had a problem viewing all appointments on a calendar. For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
191406 Missing Appointments When You View Your Outlook Calendar by Using Schedule+
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver KB256116