Microsoft KB Archive/255973
Article ID: 255973
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2002
- Microsoft COM+ 1.0
This article was previously published under Q255973
When both a dynamic-link library (DLL) that contains a typelib and the typelib itself are imported in an application in the COM+ component services, exporting the application as an application proxy gives the following error message:
This problem does not occur under Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS) on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows 2000. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
260910 How to Obtain the Latest Windows 2000 Service Pack
You can use one of the following methods to work around this problem:
- Remove the typelib from the DLL.
- Do not import the typelib file into the application.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was first corrected in Windows 2000 Service Pack 2.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Generate a DLL (Test.dll) with a build-in typelib (for example, by using Visual Basic or Visual C++/ATL).
- Create a new COM+ application.
- Drag and drop both the DLL and the typelib in the COM+ application.
- Export the COM+ application as an application proxy.
For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
292184 HOWTO: Create a COM+ Application Proxy That Installs Only Type Library Files
Keywords: kberrmsg kbbug kbfix kbwin2000presp2fix kbsysadmin KB255973