Microsoft KB Archive/255802
Article ID: 255802
Article Last Modified on 12/22/2004
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5
This article was previously published under Q255802
When you are using roaming user profiles with Internet Explorer 5.5 with Microsoft Windows 2000 group policies, the home page that is configured by the administrator may not roam.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Administrators can set a user's default home page by using the Windows 2000 Group Policies snap-in in Microsoft Management Console (MMC). You must first add the snap-in to MMC:
- Click Start, click Run, type mmc, and then click OK.
- On the Console menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Click Add.
- Click Group Policies, and then click Add.
- Local Computer should be selected. Click Finish.
After you have added the Group Policies snap-in, navigate to the following location to administer a default home page:
User Configuration\Windows Settings\Internet Explorer\Maintenance\URLS\Important URLS\Customize Home Page URL
Keywords: kbenv kbprb KB255802