Microsoft KB Archive/255731
Article ID: 255731
Article Last Modified on 6/22/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q255731
When you try to connect to the Microsoft Network (MSN), you may receive the following error message:
You may also receive the following error message when you try to connect to an MSN Premier Web page:
This problem may occur because the security provider .dll files may be damaged.
To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods:
- Find and delete the security provider .dll files.
- Reinstall Internet Explorer.
How to locate and delete security provider .dll Files
- Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.
- In the Named box, type msapsspc.dll, msnsspc.dll, and then click Find Now.
- Locate and right-click the msapsspc.dll file, click Delete, and then click OK.
- Locate and right-click the msnsspc.dll file, click Delete, and then click OK.
How to reinstall Internet Explorer
- Insert the Internet Explorer CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive. Press and hold down the SHIFT key when you insert the Internet Explorer CD-ROM to prevent the CD-ROM automatically run from starting.
- Double-click My Computer.
- Right-click the CD-ROM drive, and then click Explore.
- Double-click the IExx folder, where xx is the version of Internet Explorer.
- Double-click the IexSetup.exe file, and then follow the instructions on the screen to install Internet Explorer.
- When you receive the message that states the most recent versions of some or all items are already installed, click Reinstall All Components, and then click OK.
- When you are prompted to restart your computer, click Restart.
You can also reinstall Internet Explorer from the Microsoft Download Center Web site:
Additional query words: OL2K OL2000 OL98 OL97
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB255731