Microsoft KB Archive/255719
PSS ID Number: 255719
Article Last Modified on 1/7/2004
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
This article was previously published under Q255719
This article describes the Exchange 2000 Server Recipient Update Service.
The Recipient Update Service runs under the Exchange Server system attendant. The Recipient Update Service identifies any mail-enabled or mailbox-enabled object in the domain, and fills in certain attributes every time that a mail-enabled or mailbox-enabled object is created or modified.
The Recipient Update Service performs the following procedures:
- Recipient policy:
- Sets proxyAddresses attributes for users, if they are not already set.
- Sets other mail-enabled attributes as well, such as the textEncodedORAddress attribute.
- Address list:
Sets the showInAddressBook attribute.
- System policy:
- Sets the homeMDB, homeMTA, and/or msExchHomeServerName attributes if at least one of the attributes is already present.
- Sets the msExchMailboxGuid attribute if it is not already present and the msExchHomeServerName attribute is already set.
- Sets the legacyExchangeDN attribute, if it is not already set, for mail-enabled objects (mailnickname=*).
- Sets the displayName attribute if it is not already present to be the mailNickname attribute.
- Adds or removes non-canonical information in the security descriptor for groups with the hideDLMembership set to true (hideDLMembership=TRUE).
- Sets the Security Descriptor on cn=Microsoft Exchange System Objects,DC=domain,DC=com to reflect the administrative rights given by the Delegate Wizard.
- Populates the members of the Exchange Enterprise Servers groups in each domain.
Additional query words: Address Book View RUS
Keywords: kbinfo KB255719
Technology: kbExchange2000Search kbExchange2000Serv kbExchange2000ServSearch kbExchangeSearch