Microsoft KB Archive/255218
Article ID: 255218
Article Last Modified on 11/25/2003
- Visio 5.0 Standard
- Visio 5.0 Professional
- Visio 5.0 Technical
- Visio 5.0 Enterprise
This article was previously published under Q255218
The Visio application toolbar button on the Microsoft Excel or Word toolbar is blank or isn't installed at all.
Run the macro that installs the Visio toolbar button.
To run the toolbar button macro:
- In Word or Excel, click Open on the File menu.
- Open the Visiomso.dot file (Word) or the Visiomso.xls file (Excel). The Visiomso files are in the Visio\System\Custom folder.
After you open the Visiomso file, the macro runs automatically, going through the steps to install the Visio toolbar button. After installing the button, the macro closes Excel or Word. If the toolbar button is not installed after you run the macro, you can install the button manually. To manually install the toolbar button, assign the Visio macro to a toolbar button, and then paste the Visio application icon onto the button. If a blank button that inserts a Visio drawing is already in Excel, skip to step 2.
To install and assign the Visio macro to a button in Excel:
Note: The following steps lead you through installing and assigning the Visio macro in Excel 7.0, for instructions specific to other versions of Excel or for Word see the Help file for that program.
- In Excel, make sure the Standard toolbar appears. See Excel Help for instructions on switching toolbars.
- Right-click the toolbar to display the Toolbar menu, and then click Customize.
- In the Customize dialog box, select Custom for categories to display the Custom setting buttons.
- Drag the blank button to the toolbar. If the Assign Macro dialog box does not appear, click the button that you added.
- In the Assign Macro dialog box, enter the path and formula for the Visio macro in the Macro Name/Reference section, and then click OK. For example, the formula should read:
To copy the Visio application icon onto the blank button:
- On the Insert menu, click Picture.
- Browse to the Visio\System\Custom folder and select the Visio.bmp file. The toolbar button appears on the spreadsheet.
- Copy the icon, right-click the blank button on the toolbar, and then click Customize.
- When the Customize dialog box appears, ignore the dialog box, right-click the blank toolbar button, then click Paste Button Image.
Keywords: kbprb KB255218