Microsoft KB Archive/255120
Article ID: 255120
Article Last Modified on 2/28/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q255120
When you double-click the Tools icon located in the Microsoft Windows 2000 Resource Kit program group, you may receive the following error message:
This behavior can occur because of either of the following reasons:
- The Microsoft Internet Explorer security setting for the Internet zone is set to High.
- The Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins option is set to Disable.
To resolve this issue, use the following steps:
- Right-click the Internet Explorer icon on your desktop, and then click Properties.
- On the Security tab, click the Internet icon, and then click Custom Level.
- Change the Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins option to either Enable or Prompt.
- Click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Windows 2000.
The Internet zone is used for anything that is not on your computer or an intranet, or that is assigned to any other zone. The default setting for the Internet zone is Medium. Normally, running a ActiveX control like this is not affected by the Internet zone settings because it runs locally on the computer.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb KB255120