Microsoft KB Archive/255097
Article ID: 255097
Article Last Modified on 10/16/2002
- Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q255097
BUG #: 57407 (SQLBUG_70)
When you attempt to execute a distributed query, against a view on a remote linked server, the query fails with the following message:
If you have trace flag 7300 enabled for extended OLE DB messages, you may also see something similar to the following (the object name may be different):
This problem occurs if:
- You are executing the query on one server against a view on a linked server. -and-
- The data type of the column is numeric or decimal.
To work around this problem, try either of the following:
- Change the data type of the column. -or-
- Create a view on the local server and then select from that view, instead of selecting from the view on the remote linked server.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in SQL Server 7.0.
Additional query words: datatype
Keywords: kbbug kbpending KB255097