Microsoft KB Archive/254841
Article ID: 254841
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Office 2000 Premium Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q254841
WARNING:This information is preliminary and has not been confirmed or tested by Microsoft. Use only with discretion.
If you try to install Office on Windows Terminal Server, you may receive the following error message:
You may receive this error message if all of the following are true:
- You are running Setup for Office at a Windows Terminal Server client and not at the computer that is running Terminal Server or Terminal Services (you are not at the Terminal Server console).
- You are using a mapped drive letter in your command line to initiate Office Setup.
To resolve this problem, install Office while you are logged on at the Windows Terminal Server console.
For additional information, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
262584 OFF2000: How to Install Office 2000 to Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server
224313 OFF2000: How to Install Office 2000 on Windows 2000 Terminal Server
Additional query words: OFF2000 TS WTS
Keywords: kbtshoot kbwebserver kberrmsg kbsetup KB254841