Microsoft KB Archive/254692
Article ID: 254692
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Visio 2000 Technical Edition
This article was previously published under Q254692
When you use Visio 2000 Technical Edition to save an imported DWG or DXF file as a JPEG file, part of the drawing appears clipped.
Figure 1 An imported DWG or DWF drawing that appears clipped
The drawing appears clipped because part of the CAD object box is hanging outside the printer page when you save the file. The CAD object box is the bounding box surrounding the DWG image. Ensuring that the object box stays on the printer page ensures a successful export from Visio to a JPEG format.
Figure 2 An imported DWG or DWF drawing that does not appear clipped
Change the scale of the DWG or DXF image so that it fits on the printer page.
NOTE: In some cases, you may need to change the target printer. The capabilities of the target printer and the printer driver, as established in the Page Setup dialog box, determine the printer page size as listed in the Paper Size list box.
To change the scale of a DWG or DXF image and save the file in JPG format:
- Right-click the DWG or DXF file, point to CAD Drawing Object, and then click Properties.
- Change the scale in the CAD Drawing Scale section so that the DWG or DXF image fits on the page pictured (the printer page), and then click OK.
- On File menu, click Save As, and then save the drawing as a .jpg file.
To change the target printer:
- On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click Print Setup.
- Click Setup.
The Print Setup dialog box appears.
- Click Printer, and then select your new default printer from the Name list.
Keywords: kbgraphxlink kbgraphxlinkcritical KB254692