Microsoft KB Archive/254522
Article ID: 254522
Article Last Modified on 11/12/2001
- Take Control Editor 1.0
This article was previously published under Q254522
This article describes how to obtain the version 1.5 software and firmware update for the TC1000 and IRIQ universal remote control units.
Additionally, this article lists the new features included in and problems resolved by this update.
To upgrade a Harman Kardon TC1000 version 1.0 remote control unit to version 1.5, call Harman Kardon at (800) 422-8027.
To upgrade a JBL TC1000 version 1.0 remote control unit to version 1.5, call JBL at (800) 336-4JBL.
To upgrade a Madrigal IRIQ version 1.0 remote control unit to version 1.5, call Madrigal at (860) 346-0896.
The version 1.5 software and firmware update introduces the following features and resolves the following problems:
- Changing two channels at a time with a single wheel scroll on a Zenith cable box.
- When the remote is sleeping, the channel changes in the wrong direction on awakening.
- Addition of the following new IR codes to the existing database:
- Signature Series (5)
- Sony DVD (1)
- Madrigal (10)
- Pioneer (10)
- RCA (10)
- Correction of installed Harman-Kardon codes.
- Problems after synchronizing with learned devices.
- Firmware appears frozen when learning while device is asleep.
- PC software crashes when adding a TV activity with no TV device.
- Prevents the user from programming click down from first device.
- Increases Drawing Speed.
- Redesiged text screens based on user feedback.
- New menu navigation and online Help.
- Back button on all activity screens (software option).
- Custom Macro icons plus dual-mode macro names.
Additional query words: 1.50 upgrade tce
Keywords: kbinfo kbhardware kbfaq KB254522