Microsoft KB Archive/254459
Article ID: 254459
Article Last Modified on 8/5/2004
- Visio 5.0 Professional
This article was previously published under Q254459
After you install Service Release C (Business Bonus Pack) for Visio 5.0, you may receive the following error message when you try to run Visio 5.0c:
After you receive this error message, you cannot run Visio.
This error occurs when you install the U.S. version of Service Release C over an International English version of Visio 5.0x.
To resolve this problem, you must restore your earlier version of Visio.
To restore your earlier version of Visio:
- Uninstall Visio. To do so:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- On the Install/Uninstall tab of the Add/Remove Programs Properties dialog box, click Visio, and then click Add/Remove.
- After Visio is removed, delete any files remaining in the Visio folder that you do not need (make sure you do not accidentally delete your drawings and customized files).
- Reinstall your earlier version of Visio.
If your earlier version was 5.0a or 5.0b, you must first install Visio 5.0, and then install Service Release A or B. (If Visio 5.0b was your earlier version, you do not need to install both service release files. Service Release B includes all of the Visio 5.0a and 5.0b updates.)
The U.S. version of Service Release C is not compatible with the International English version of Visio 5.0x. Service Release C for the International English version of Visio 5.0 is now available. The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download IE5X25C.exe now (for the International English version of Visio 5.0)
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to Obtain Microsoft Support Files from Online Services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help to prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Additional query words: prb
Keywords: kberrmsg kbdownload kbgraphxlink kbfile kbprb KB254459