Microsoft KB Archive/253949
PSS ID Number: 253949
Article Last Modified on 11/13/2003
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Excel 2000
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000
- Microsoft Word 2000
This article was previously published under Q253949
When you run the Office Converter Pack, you may receive the following error message:
This problem occurs if both of the following are true:
- You installed Office 2000 and set Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint to Run from Network.
- You are using the original version of the Office Converter Pack that was available before April 20, 2000.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Browse to following Microsoft Web site:
- Click the download for Convpack.exe.
- In the File Download dialog box, click Save this program to disk, and then click OK.
- Save the file to your Desktop.
- When the download is complete, double-click the downloaded file. The Office Converter Pack now detects your Office programs.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
The original version of the Office Converter Pack did not correctly locate Office 2000 programs if they were installed to run from a network server. However, the Office Converter Pack was recently updated to resolve this problem. If you downloaded the Office Converter Pack (version 5.00.2920) from the Office 2000 Resource Kit Toolbox Web page before April 20, 2000, follow the steps in the "Resolution" section of this article.
Additional query words: OFF2000
Keywords: kbbug kbnofix KB253949
Technology: kbExcel2000 kbExcel2000Search kbExcelSearch kbExcelWinSearch kbPowerPt2000 kbPowerPt2000Search kbPowerPtSearch kbWord2000 kbWord2000Search kbWordSearch kbZNotKeyword2