Microsoft KB Archive/253667
Article ID: 253667
Article Last Modified on 12/3/2007
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0
This article was previously published under Q253667
When you are attempting to browse a Web page, the following error is displayed:
The authentication methods that were tried are either disabled, or you are attempting to use NTLM through a proxy server.
To resolve this problem, enable at least one authentication method. To do this, follow these steps:
- From the Start menu, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Services Manager.
- Under the Tree pane, browse to the desired Web site.
- Right-click the Web site, and then click Properties.
- On the Directory Security tab, under Anonymous access and authentication control, click Edit.
- Select (and implement) at least one type of authentication method.
For more information about using authentication, refer to the following (assuming that the IIS product documentation is installed on your computer):
(c) Microsoft Corporation 2000, All Rights Reserved. Contributions by Kevin Zollman, Microsoft Corporation.
Additional query words: IIS 5 iis5 iis 6 iis 6.0 iis6 401-2 akz
Keywords: kbprb kbprod2web KB253667