Microsoft KB Archive/253605
Article ID: 253605
Article Last Modified on 2/21/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q253605
Exchange Server clients stop responding (hang) during logon when duplicate English Organization Forms library (OFL) folders exist in the Exchange Server organization.
The existence of duplicate OFL folders can occur when two or more sites are connected through directory replication connectors. If these OFL folders exist in both sites prior to establishing directory replication, you can end up with duplicate OFL folders after directory replication is finished between the sites.
If public folder affinity is configured between the sites that contain the duplicate OFL folders, clients in one or both sites may attempt to gain access to the remote version of the OFL folder during logon. If connectivity to this folder requires traversing a slow network link or if connectivity is not possible because of a lack of permissions and/or an absence of remote procedure call (RPC) connectivity, clients may hang and/or may be prompted for credentials at logon.
To resolve this issue, use the following steps:
- Download all forms that you want to keep from each OFL folder to a .pst file, using the following steps:
- Log on with a client in the site where you want to remove the duplicate OFL folders.
- Go to Manage Forms in the Microsoft Outlook client, and export the forms you want to save to a .pst file.
For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
190994 XADM: How to Save Organizational Forms to a PST File
- Delete the OFL folder(s) that you do not want to keep, using the following steps:
- Start the Exchange Server Administrator program or Exchange System Manager against a server in the site where the duplicate OFL folder exists.
- If you are using the Exchange Server Administrator program, click Forms Administrator on the Tools menu. If you are using Exchange System Manager, view your administrative groups, expand Folders, double-click Public Folders, and then click View system folders on the Action menu. Double-click the EFORMS registry.
- Click the appropriate OFL folder, and then click Remove or Delete.
NOTE: Make sure you do not delete the wrong OFL folders. For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
175129 XADM: Wrong OFL Deleted in Forms Administrator
- Restart all Exchange Server computers to delete any cached OFL folder information in the site.
- Publish any missing forms to the remaining OFL by logging on with a client in the site containing the English OFL folder and publishing any saved custom forms to the OFL.
NOTE: You can also simply create a new OFL folder with a unique name in the site that contained the duplicate. You can then publish forms into the newly created OFL folder of that site, rather than publishing the previously exported forms into the OFL folder of the site that contains the last copy of what was previously the duplicate folder (which is now the unique English OFL folder). For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
184765 XADM: Setting up the Organization Forms Library
Keywords: kbenv kbprb KB253605