Microsoft KB Archive/253593
Article ID: 253593
Article Last Modified on 2/27/2007
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q253593
When you install the Active Directory Connector (ADC), the Setup program tries to start the service near the end of the installation. If the service account does not have the necessary rights, Setup stops and the following error message is displayed:
This issue can occur if the service account does not have the necessary rights. The service account for the ADC (specified during installation) must have the right to log on as a service.
To resolve this issue, make sure that the service account has the right to log on as a service.
To work around this issue:
- When you receive the error message, click OK and Setup will stop.
- Open the Services snap-in for the member server.
- Find the service for the Microsoft Active Directory Connector, and then open the properties of the service.
- Click the Log On tab, and verify that the correct account is listed under This Account.
- Retype the password, and then click Apply.
- You should receive a message that states that the account has been given the right to log on as a service.
- Restart Setup for the Active Directory Connector.
Additional query words: exch2kp2w
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb KB253593