Microsoft KB Archive/253289
Article ID: 253289
Article Last Modified on 6/24/2004
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q253289
When you start the Visual Basic Editor in one of the Microsoft Office 2000 programs listed at the beginning of this article and then press F1 to start online Help, the Visual Basic Editor (VBE) window may be resized to make room for the Help window.
This behavior is by design in Office 2000 programs.
To prevent Help from resizing the VBE window, you can undock the Help window. After the Help window is undocked and closed, it reverts to the undocked state the next time it is started. To undock the Help window, follow these steps:
- Start Microsoft Access 2000, and then open any database.
- Open a new or existing module so that the Visual Basic Editor starts.
- Press F1 to start online Help.
- To undock the Help window, right-click on the title bar of the Help window, and then click Move on the shortcut menu.
NOTE: If Move appears unavailable (dimmed), click Restore, and then click Move.
- Use the four-headed arrow symbol to move and position the window where you want it. When you are finished, press ENTER. Do not maximize the window.
- Click the Close button in the upper-right corner of the Help screen to close the window.
When you start Help again, it should no longer resize the VBE window.
Additional query words: resize MSDN VBA editor VBE OFF2000 ACC2000 XL2000 WD2000 rearrange code window Visual Basic
Keywords: kbprb KB253289