Microsoft KB Archive/253166
Article ID: 253166
Article Last Modified on 2/28/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q253166
When you use a password on the screen saver on a computer running Windows NT 3.51 or 4.0 or Windows 2000, you may receive an error message that states that the computer is locked and you cannot unlock it.
This issue can occur if the person trying to unlock the computer is either not the person currently logged onto the computer or is not a member of the administrators group on that computer.
Additional query words: server rights security policy
Keywords: kbenv kbfaq kbprb KB253166