Microsoft KB Archive/253106
Article ID: 253106
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q253106
NOTE: The procedures in this article only apply if you have installed Outlook with the Corporate or Workgroup option. With this option, you can use Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) services. To determine your installation type, click About Microsoft Outlook on the Help menu. If you have the Corporate or Workgroup installation, you see "Corporate or Workgroup".
When you start Outlook, you may receive the following error message:
This problem occurs if the Lotus Notes Transport Service is included in your Outlook profile.
To resolve this problem, remove the Lotus Notes Transport Service from your profile:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Mail (Mail/Fax) icon.
- On the Services tab, click Lotus Notes, and then click Remove.
Outlook 97 supports the following transports:
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Mail Post Office
- Lotus cc:Mail Post Office Microsoft
- Microsoft Fax
- Microsoft Internet Mail (SMTP/POP3)
Keywords: kbpending kbprb KB253106