Microsoft KB Archive/252879
Article ID: 252879
Article Last Modified on 8/29/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q252879
This article describes how to change the default template fonts when you use Microsoft Word 97 as your Outlook e-mail editor.
If you make changes to the default font within Outlook, the changes are not retained when Outlook is closed and reopened. You can successfully save the new default font settings by editing the Email.dot template in Microsoft Word. To change the font in the email.dot template:
- Start Word, and click Open on the File menu.
- Set the Files of Type box, and then click Document Templates.
- In the Look in box, click the Down Arrow key, and then browse to the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office
- Click email.dot, and then click Open (click Enable Macros, if prompted).
- On the Format menu, click Font.
- Change both the font type and size, click Default, and then click Yes.
- Make other customizations you want.
- On the File menu, click Save.
If you close Word 97, open Outlook, and then open a new mail message, you will see your changes in the new mail template.
Note:If this procedure does not resolve the default font size, check the percentage in Word and verify that it is set to 100%.
You can also use this procedure to adjust default page layout, font colors, and font size for the other Word templates used with Outlook:
Keywords: kbhowto KB252879