Microsoft KB Archive/252742
Article ID: 252742
Article Last Modified on 3/10/2003
- Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q252742
Novice: Requires knowledge of the user interface on single-user computers.
This article applies only to a Microsoft Access database (.mdb).
When you try to print or preview expanded levels of a hierarchical table (subdatasheets), the data printed or displayed in preview is incorrect (that is, the information displayed in subdatasheets is not related to the table item under which it is displayed).
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a).
To obtain SR-1/SR-1a, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
245025 OFF2000: How to Obtain and Install Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a)
To temporarily work around this problem, manually collapse any expanded subdatasheets before you print or preview the data.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a.
Steps to Reproduce the Problem
- Open the sample database Northwind.mdb.
- In the Database window, open the Customers table.
- Click the PLUS SIGN (+) to expand the first and the second customer records.
- In the first customer's subdatasheet, click the PLUS SIGN to expand the first order belonging to that customer.
- On the File menu, click Print Preview. Note that the items displayed in the subdatasheet are not the ones that you saw for the first customer in the Datasheet view. They belong to a different record entirely.
Additional query words: pra wrong ones not right
Keywords: kbbug KB252742