Microsoft KB Archive/252611
Article ID: 252611
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft NetMeeting 3.01 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q252611
When you click the Remote Desktop Sharing command in NetMeeting, you may receive the following error message:
This issue occurs if there is a problem with the Plug and Play service, or if the service is not started.
To resolve this issue, start the Plug and Play service before you enable Remote Desktop Service.
NOTE: You cannot resolve this issue by uninstalling and reinstalling NetMeeting 3.01.
To start the Plug and Play service:
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Services.
- Double-click the Plug and Play service, click Start, and then click Automatic in the Startup type box.
- On the Log On tab, click Local System account, and then click OK.
- Close the Services tool, and then close Control Panel.
- Start NetMeeting, and then click Remote Desktop Sharing on the Tools menu.
Keywords: kbenv kberrmsg kbnetwork kbprb KB252611