Microsoft KB Archive/252421
Article ID: 252421
Article Last Modified on 7/15/2004
- Microsoft Site Server 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Site Server 3.0 Commerce Edition
This article was previously published under Q252421
When attempting to create a Site Server Content Management store on a Windows 2000 Server, the following error may occur:
The Indexing Service (formerly called Content Index) is not started.
In Windows NT 4.0, the Content Index service installed with the Windows NT Option Pack (Internet Information Server 4.0) was set to start up automatically. By default with Windows 2000 Server, the Indexing Service is set to start manually.
To correct this problem:
- Log on as an Administrator.
- Point to Programs on the Start menu, and then point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- Scroll through the list of services and right-click Indexing Service. Select Properties.
- Locate the Startup type section near the center of the window and change it to Automatic.
- Click Start to start the service.
- Click OK to exit.
- Rerun the Makecm.vbs to create your Content store.
Keywords: kbprb KB252421