Microsoft KB Archive/252415
Article ID: 252415
Article Last Modified on 10/25/2006
- Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0 Service Pack 1
This article was previously published under Q252415
Accelerated Remote Control clients may lose acceleration permanently after being upgraded to Systems Management Server (SMS) 2.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
SMS 2.0 includes an accelerated screen driver (Idisntkm) that replaces the video driver for improved performance in Remote Control. If the Remote Control client installation does not install the accelerated driver properly, the driver is not loaded.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Systems Management Server version 2.0. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
236325 How to Obtain the Latest Systems Management Server 2.0 Service Pack
To work around this behavior, run the following command on the client:
This command causes the current settings for Remote Control to be refreshed. You can also implement this method by using the SMS software distribution capabilities.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Systems Management Server version 2.0 SP1"/> This problem was first corrected in Systems Management Server version 2.0 Service Pack 2..
To install the hotfix, use the appropriate method.
Using the Hotfix Installer
NOTE: This method is only for Intel-based site servers.
- Create a folder in a location that is accessible to your SMS site server(s).
- Copy the Q252415.exe file and platform folders to the new folder. The folder structure must be such that the program file is located one folder above the platform folders.
- Log on to your site server using an account with administrative privileges.
- Run the program file from each of the primary and secondary SMS site servers in your environment. You can run the Q252415.exe file silently by using the /s switch.
- Complete any necessary manual installation steps as required by the installation.
- Copy the updated SMS files to a disk or network share that is accessible from the SMS site server that you want to update.
- Quit the Administrator console and stop all SMS services. If the SMS_SITE_BACKUP service is running, stop it also.
- Copy the Remctrl.exe file from the appropriate
Platformfolder to the
- Replace the Compver.ini file in the
Drive:\Sms\Inboxes\Clicomp.src\Remctrl folder with the Compver1409.ini file that is located in the hotfix bundle source folder after renaming the file to Compver.ini.
- Restart the SMS site services. The new files are replicated to all logon points and Client Access Points (CAPs). After all logon points and CAPs are updated, allow an additional 23 hours for clients to begin their update polling cycle. You may need to reboot the client to load the updated acceleration driver.
NOTE: Update Configuration must be selected, or wait for the 23 hour-cycle in order to allow CCIM to recognize new setting.
Additional query words: prodsms
Keywords: kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbbug kbfix kbsms200fix kbsms200sp2fix KB252415