Microsoft KB Archive/251861
Article ID: 251861
Article Last Modified on 9/29/2003
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q251861
NOTE: These procedures only apply if you have installed Outlook with the Internet Mail Only option. To determine your installation type, click About Microsoft Outlook on the Help menu. If you have the Internet Mail Only option installed, you see "Internet Mail Only".
For information about the differences between Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Outlook Express e-mail clients, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
257824 OL2000: Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express
When you use Outlook in Internet Mail Only (IMO) mode, the Fax tab is missing in the Options dialog box.
The Symantec Fax Starter Edition add-in is not selected in the Microsoft Add-In Manager.
To resolve this issue:
- On the Tools menu, click Options, click the Other tab, and then click Advanced Options.
- Click Add-In Manager, and then click to select the Symantec Fax Starter Edition Extension check box. If the Symantec Fax Starter Edition Extension add-in is not in the list, click Install.
- In the Install Extension dialog box, double-click the Olfext.ecf file.
- Click OK to close each windows, and then quit Outlook.
- Restart Outlook, and then click Options on the Tools menu to verify that the Fax tab is present.
- If the Fax tab is not present, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
196272 OL2000: (IMO) Troubleshooting Symantec Fax Starter Edition
Additional query words: OL2K
Keywords: kbhowto KB251861