Microsoft KB Archive/251141
Article ID: 251141
Article Last Modified on 8/15/2005
- Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Visual J++ 6.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q251141
During installation of Visual J++ 6.0, you receive the following error:
The system .DLLs being installed are unable to register with the current version of Comcat.dll.
Replace the current version of Comcat.dll with the version from the Visual Studio product CD-ROM:
- Unregister Comcat.dll. To do so, click Start, then click Run, and type regsvr32 comcat.dll /u.
- Search your local hard drives for Comcat.dll.
- Rename Comcat.dll in you Windows\System folder as Comcat.123.
- Copy Comcat.dll from the CD-ROM into the Windows\System folder.
- Register Comcat.dll: Click Start, click Run, and type regsvr32 comcat.dll. Make sure the operation is successful.
- Search your local hard drives for Comcat.dll and verify that it is now the 22-KB version.
- Reboot the system.
- Install the software from the CD-ROM using Setup.exe.
For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
192392 HOWTO: Troubleshoot Visual Studio 6.0 Setup
Additional query words: visualj
Keywords: kbprb KB251141