Microsoft KB Archive/250962
Article ID: 250962
Article Last Modified on 2/21/2007
- Microsoft Office 2000 Server Extensions
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 3.0
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions
This article was previously published under Q250962
When you attempt to connect to a Microsoft Internet Information Server 3.0 virtual server after you remove the Server Extensions from another virtual server on the same computer, you receive the following error message:
If you click Details, you receive the following:
When you remove the FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions from one Internet Information Server 3.0 virtual site, all FrontPage virtual directories are removed from all Web sites, leaving all FrontPage Webs disabled on the server.
NOTE: This only occurs when you choose not to preserve the Web meta-information during the removal process.
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a).
To obtain SR-1/SR-1a, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
245025 OFF2000: How to Obtain and Install Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a)
To work around this issue, do one of the following:
- Upgrade to Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0 (Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack).
- After you perform a full uninstall from a virtual site, run Check Server Extensions. This re-creates all of the missing virtual directories for all of the other sites.
NOTE: This is labor intensive, because you are prompted to correct each site.
- Remove from the site and do not disable the Preserve web meta-information for a later upgrade or reinstall of the FrontPage Server Extensions option. If the removal is not a full removal, other sites are not affected.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Office 2000 Server Extensions. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a.
Keywords: kbbug kbpending KB250962