Microsoft KB Archive/250793
Article ID: 250793
Article Last Modified on 11/5/2003
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q250793
When you open a Microsoft Excel 2000 workbook that has an attached toolbar, the toolbar may not be present.
This occurs if the following conditions are true:
- You create a custom toolbar in Excel 2000.
- You use the Send to Mail Recipient (as Attachment) command to send the workbook that contains the custom toolbar to a mail recipient.
- After sending the workbook, you delete the custom toolbar.
- You re-open the sent workbook.
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a).
To obtain SR-1/SR-1a, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
245025 OFF2000: How to Obtain and Install Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a)
To temporarily work around this problem, do one of the following:
- Save the workbook and send it through the mail client as an attachment. -or-
- Use an Auto_Open macro to create the custom toolbar in the workbook.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a.
For more information about Auto_Open macros, click Microsoft Excel Help on the Help menu, type RunAutoMacros method in the Office Assistant or the Answer Wizard, and then click Search to view the topic.
Additional query words: xl2000
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbqfe KB250793