Microsoft KB Archive/250299
Article ID: 250299
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings
- Microsoft Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion
- Microsoft Age of Empires II Gold Edition
- Microsoft Age of Mythology: The Titans
This article was previously published under Q250299
When you start a new game in Microsoft Age of Empires II or Microsoft Age of Mythology, the game may quit unexpectedly.
This issue may occur if your system clock is not set correctly.
Configure your computer to use the correct date, time, and year
To configure the correct date and time settings for your computer, follow these steps.
Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options, and then click Date and Time.
- Click the Date & Time tab (if it is not already selected), configure the computer's date, time, and year settings to the current date, time, and year, and then click Apply.
- Click the Time Zone tab, and then verify that the computer is configured with the correct time setting.
- Click OK, and then close the Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options tool.
Additional query words: 2.00 aoeii desktop crash close shutdown performance speed
Keywords: kbconfig kbenv kbprb KB250299