Microsoft KB Archive/250277
Article ID: 250277
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Works 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 6.0
This article was previously published under Q250277
Previous versions of Microsoft Works Word Processor included a feature for automatically hiding empty database fields when printing or previewing a word processor document that contained merged data from a database.
Although you cannot configure Works Word Processor to perform this function automatically, you can manually select the Don't print lines with empty fields option in the Print dialog box when you want to print or preview a merged document.
To enable the Don't print lines with empty fields option and print or preview a document:
- Start Works Word Processor, and then open the merged document.
- On the File menu, click Print.
- Under Mail Merge Print Settings, select the Don't print lines with empty fields option.
- To print the document, click OK.
To preview the document, click Preview.
Additional query words: w_works works2k w2001 merge label line blank suppress lines
Keywords: kbhowto kbui KB250277