Microsoft KB Archive/249880
Article ID: 249880
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
This article was previously published under Q249880
When you start your Windows 98-based computer, you may receive the following error message:
This behavior can occur if the following conditions exist:
- If you have a Turbo-Media keyboard.
- If the Kbturbo.exe program is loaded from the Startup folder, and the program is damaged.
- If the Kmeke9801 program is loaded form the run key in the registry, and the program is damaged.
To resolve this issue, reinstall the Kbturbo.exe program.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
NOTE: If the above does not work, and you have a Turbo-Media keyboard, update your display driver and reboot the computer. The error should not occur.
Keywords: kb3rdparty kberrmsg kbprb KB249880