Microsoft KB Archive/249842
Article ID: 249842
Article Last Modified on 5/26/2001
- Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q249842
When you create a new Data Transformation Services (DTS) package on a Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 server, the following error may be reported:
This error does not occur when creating a package on a Microsoft Windows 2000 server.
Comcat.dll has not been registered properly or an incorrect version of the Comcat.dll file has been installed.
There are two versions of this DLL:
- Version 4.71: 22 KB (Correct version)
- Version 5.00: 6 KB (Incorrect version)
First, try registering the Comcat.dll file that you currently have on your system. To do this, on the Start menu, click Run, and type regsvr32 Comcat.dll. Also register the following DTS files:
Dtspkg.dll Dtspump.dll Dtsffile.dll Dtsui.dll
If you continue to see the error, follow these steps to replace Comcat.dll version 5.0 with version 4.71:
- Unregister Comcat.dll version 5.0. To do this, on the Start menu, click Run, and type regsvr32 /u Comcat.dll.
- Delete or rename the incorrect Comcat.dll file, which is located in your [windir]/system directory.
- Copy Comcat.dll version 4.71 version from the the x86\System directory of the SQL Server 7.0 CD to your [windir]/system directory.
- Register version 4.71. To do this, on the Start menu, click Run, and type regsvr32 Comcat.dll.
Keywords: kbprb KB249842