Microsoft KB Archive/249724
Article ID: 249724
Article Last Modified on 11/19/2003
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft BackOffice Server 4.0
- Microsoft BackOffice Server 4.5
This article was previously published under Q249724
When you attempt to install a driver for a SCSI or RAID controller in Windows NT 4.0, you may receive the following error message:
This error can occur if the driver requires the Plug and Play service and you do not have the service installed or it is disabled.
To resolve this issue, ensure that Plug and Play is properly configured in Windows NT:
- In Control Panel, double-click Services.
- If the Plug and Play service is installed, but disabled, follow these steps:
- Click Start to enable it.
- Click Automatic in the Startup box.
- Click OK, and then click Close.
- If the service is not installed, follow these steps:
- Insert your Windows NT CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive.
- Start Windows NT Explorer, and then open the following folder
CD-ROMdriveis the letter of your CD-ROM drive.
- Right-click the Pnpisa.inf file, and then click Install. If you are prompted to restart your computer, click No.
- Reinstall the latest Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack that you are using and then restart your computer.
Additional query words: smallbiz pnp plug-n-play plug-and-play scsi adaptec controller drivers
Keywords: kberrmsg kbhardware kbprb KB249724