Microsoft KB Archive/249275
Article ID: 249275
Article Last Modified on 8/27/2007
- Microsoft Office 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q249275
When you run the Office 97 SR-1 or Office 97 SR-2 Patch installation, the following error message may appear:
After you receive this message and proceed to the "Acceptance of Agreement" and click OK, the following error message appears:
These error messages will appear if the following are true:
- You downloaded SR-1 or SR-2 from Tools on the Web. -and-
- You are using America OnLine (AOL) as your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
NOTE: After you downloaded SR-2, you received a message indicating the download was complete.
To work around this issue, use the following steps:
- Establish an Internet connection by letting AOL dial and connect to the Internet. Minimize AOL.
NOTE: Do not quit AOL; you must leave AOL running to provide the Internet connection.
- On the Start menu, point to Programs and click Internet Explorer.
- In the Address Bar, type one of the following URLs:
- SR-1 Patch http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/9798/sr1off97detail.aspx
- SR-2 Patch http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=BEFD7842-602E-42B0-89D2-6BE39F1167C1
NOTE: Make sure that any antivirus programs are turned off (disabled).
- Begin the download process. After the download is completed, the following message will appear:
Additional query words: offup OFF97 sr2 sr1 97 down load
Keywords: kbdownload kbprb KB249275