Microsoft KB Archive/249035
Article ID: 249035
Article Last Modified on 11/19/2003
- Microsoft BackOffice Small Business Server 4.0
- Microsoft BackOffice Small Business Server 4.0a
- Microsoft BackOffice Small Business Server 4.5
This article was previously published under Q249035
When you fax a document from a computer running Microsoft Windows 95 or Microsoft Windows 98 using the Small Business Server (SBS) Fax client, the operation may be unsuccessful at a page break. The fax server attempts to send the fax again and is repeatedly unsuccessful. In addition, Event ID 8226 is logged in the server's event log.
NOTE: This problem does not occur when you send a fax from a computer running Microsoft Windows NT.
This behavior occurs because the fax is being rendered incorrectly, which causes the TIFF file to become corrupted.
To work around this problem, perform the following steps on the computer running SBS:
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Fax Server.
- On the Dialing tab, click to clear the Print banner on top of each sent page check box.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: smallbiz fail fails 8226 sbsfaxtrax sbsfax faxtiff.dll faxclient sbs4.5 faxsend
Keywords: kbbug kbenv kbpending KB249035