Microsoft KB Archive/248879
Article ID: 248879
Article Last Modified on 3/1/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
This article was previously published under Q248879
When you change the system locale on your Windows 2000-based computer, and then restart your computer, you may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- An access violation error message is generated.
- The Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service is disabled.
- You may be unable to connect to network resources.
Also, when you right-click My Computer, and then click Properties, the full computer name displays correctly on the Network Identification tab in the System Properties dialog box. However, when you click Properties under the Network Identification dialog box, the NetBIOS name is displayed as underscore characters.
This problem occurs when the system locale and the computer name on your Windows 2000-based computer are configured to use different languages.
To work around this problem, configure your system locale or your computer name to use the same language.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbnetwork kbprb kbui KB248879