Microsoft KB Archive/248824
Article ID: 248824
Article Last Modified on 5/11/2006
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0
This article was previously published under Q248824
After you install SMTP or NNTP (included with the Microsoft Windows NT Option Pack), the predefined localhost IP restriction does not work for the Mail virtual directory and for the News virtual directory in the Default Web Site.
The installation program does not set the correct metabase entries.
On the IP Restriction tab in the properties for the Mail virtual directory and for the News virtual directory, re-apply the granted IP address 127.0.0.1. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start the Internet Service Manager.
- Open the Properties dialog box for the Mail virtual directory in the Default Web Site.
- Click the Directory Security tab.
- In the IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions section, click Edit.
- Click the IP address 127.0.0.1.
- Click the Edit button on the right.
- To enable the OK button, click Group of Computers, and then click Single Computer.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again to close the IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions dialog box.
- Click OK again to close the Properties dialog box for the Mail virtual directory.
- Repeat steps 1 through 10 for the News virtual directory.
Additional query words: IPSecurity
Keywords: kbprb KB248824