Microsoft KB Archive/248427
Article ID: 248427
Article Last Modified on 2/28/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q248427
When you try to send a fax using any program, the fax job may not appear in the queue for the Fax device and may not be sent.
This issue can occur if the system drive is formatted using NTFS and the "Users" group does not have the proper permissions to submit the job to the Fax queue folder.
The incorrect permissions can be set in one of two ways:
- A clean install to an NTFS partition.
- Upgrading an existing installation that is on or being converted to an NTFS volume.
To resolve this issue, grant the "Users" group the WRITE NTFS permission on the following folder:
%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\WindowsNT\MSFax
NOTE: The exact folder path may vary depending on the installed language.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Keywords: kbenv kbprb KB248427