Microsoft KB Archive/248195
Article ID: 248195
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q248195
After you upgrade a cc:Mail post office to version 8.5, if you use the 16-bit versions of the Import.exe and Export.exe files, the Lotus cc:Mail post office is corrupted.
This article provides a procedure that enables Exchange Server to run with the 32-bit executables that are required for compatibility with Lotus cc:Mail version 8.5.
Exchange Server is designed to work with the 16-bit executables, the Import.exe and Export.exe files, of cc:Mail versions earlier than 8.5. When Lotus introduced cc:Mail 8.5, it switched to 32-bit executables, the Import32.exe and Export32.exe files, and the supporting dynamic link libraries, the Cdmw800.dll, Cfw803.dll, and Ciw803.dll files.
To run the Microsoft Exchange Connector for Lotus cc:Mail with the new cc:Mail 8.5 post office:
- Stop the Connector for cc:Mail.
- Rename the Import32.exe and Export32.exe files to Import.exe and Export.exe, respectively.
- Copy the Import.exe, Export.exe, Cdmw800.dll, Cfw803.dll, and Ciw803.dll files to a directory that is in the path of the Exchange Server computer, for example, the Winnt directory.
- Copy the Impexp.ri file to the
- Restart the Connector for cc:Mail.
The connector functions normally, that includes directory synchronization.
Additional query words: upgrade, synchronize import exe export cdmw800 dll cfw803 ciw803
Keywords: kb3rdparty kbinterop kbprb kbsetup KB248195