Microsoft KB Archive/248167
Article ID: 248167
Article Last Modified on 9/23/2004
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q248167
When you attempt to save a file in Microsoft Excel, you may receive an error message similar to either of the following:
This behavior occurs when you do the following:
- In Excel, you open a file that is not in a Microsoft Excel workbook format.
- You make a change in the file.
- You click Exit on the File menu.
- You click Yes to save changes to the file.
- You choose to save the file with the same file name and location and click Yes to overwrite the existing file.
- One of the following conditions occurs:
- There is an error saving the file. For example, there is not enough disk space.
- You click No when asked "Do you want to keep the workbook in this format?"
- You click Save on the File menu.
You click Exit on the File menu, and then click Yes to save the file.
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a).
To obtain SR-1/SR-1a, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
245025 How to obtain and install the Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a Update
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbbug kbfix kbformat kbservicepack kbsavefile KB248167