Microsoft KB Archive/247909
Article ID: 247909
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q247909
When you attempt to reply to a message on a shared mailbox to which you have been given Reviewer permissions, but not "Send on Behalf of" permissions in Microsoft Outlook, a reply form opens with the From field pre-populated. When you click Send, you receive the following error message:
This behavior is by design.
There are two workarounds for this problem:
- Request your Exchange Server administrator to give you "Send On Behalf Of" permissions on the shared mailbox.
- When the reply form opens, delete name or names in the pre-populated From field, and then click Send.
Additional query words: 8.0 8.01 8.02 8.03 8.04 8.5 9.0 XCLN
Keywords: kbprb KB247909