Microsoft KB Archive/247674
Article ID: 247674
Article Last Modified on 10/26/2007
- Microsoft Office 2000 Premium Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q247674
A utility that helps you completely remove Microsoft Office 2000 CD2 is available from Microsoft. The Office 2000 CD2 File and Registry Eraser Utility removes most of the files and Windows registry settings that remain on the computer after you remove Office.
This utility is designed to be used on stand-alone computers or workstations. You should not use this utility to completely clean a working copy of Office from a computer. You should only run this utility after you run the Setup program for Office 2000 CD2 and click Remove Office.
When you expand the Erasecd2.exe package, the following six files are extracted:
Eraser2000a.exe Oclean9.dll Offcln9.exe Offcln9c.opc Offcln9d.opc Offcln9f.opc Readmea.txt
For information about using the utility, see the Readmea.txt file. NOTES:
- The Office 2000 File and Registry Eraser Utility is not recommended for use on Microsoft Windows 2000 Terminal Server.
- The Office 2000 File and Registry Eraser Utility will not run on operating systems later than Windows 2000.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to Obtain Microsoft Support Files from Online Services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help to prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
The following updates have been made to the Office 2000 CD2 File and Registry Eraser Utility:
- Version 3.1 dated April 25, 2002:
The utility is disabled when Microsoft Windows XP is installed.
- Version 3.0 dated April 20, 2001:
Support for Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me).
The utility is disabled when Microsoft Office XP is installed.
- Version 2.0 dated February 7, 2000:
Detection of the operating system for Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows NT, and Microsoft Windows 2000. In Windows 2000, many shared system components are not removed, such as MDAC and the Windows Installer program.
To verify your specific version of the Office 2000 CD2 File and Registry Eraser Utility, follow these steps:
- Use Microsoft Windows Explorer to locate the Eraser2000a.exe file.
- Right-click Eraser2000a.exe. Click Properties on the shortcut menu, and then click the Version tab.
Additional query words: OFF2000 Eraser2000 erase 2000 eraser erace erase2000 erasecd2
Keywords: kbproductlink kbdownload kbfile kbgraphxlinkcritical kbinfo kbsetup KB247674