Microsoft KB Archive/247672
Article ID: 247672
Article Last Modified on 8/6/2002
- Microsoft Greetings 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Home Publishing 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Home Publishing 2000 Express Edition
This article was previously published under Q247672
When you attempt to send an e-mail greeting from one of the programs listed at the beginning of this article, you may experience either of the following symptoms:
- Any attachment you include in the e-mail message may not be received by the recipient.
- You may receive the following error message when you select an e-mail program to send your greeting:
This behavior can occur if the following conditions are true:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5 or 5.01 is installed on your computer.
- You select Microsoft Outlook Express as the e-mail program to send your greeting in the Send Options dialog box.
To work around this issue, send the e-mail greeting as an attachment:
- Open the project that you want to use in Home Publishing 2000, or create a new project and then save it.
- On the File menu, click Send by E-mail.
- In the Select a program to send your projects box, click As an attachment in an e-mail message.
- Click to clear the Don't ask this question when sending. Always use this e-mail program check box, and then click OK.
- Click Close.
- Start your e-mail program.
- Create a new e-mail message addressed to the person to whom you want to send the message.
- Attach the following file to the e-mail message
driveis the drive letter of the hard disk on which Microsoft Windows is installed.
- Send the e-mail message.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
For more information about how to send an e-mail greeting, see the "Send a project using another e-mail program" subtopic within the "Send a project by e-mail" online Help topic. To do this:
- On the Help menu, click Help & Ideas.
- On the Contents tab, click the PLUS SIGN (+) next to E-mail and Web Projects.
- Click the PLUS SIGN (+) next to Work with e-mail and Web projects.
- Click Send a project by e-mail.
- Click the Send a project using another e-mail program option.
Additional query words: greet2k gr2k greet2000 gr2000 greetings homepub2k hp2k hp2000 missing not attached lost ie5 email outlook express oe5
Keywords: kberrmsg kbbug kbui kb3rdparty kbpending KB247672