Microsoft KB Archive/247593
Article ID: 247593
Article Last Modified on 11/21/2006
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0
This article was previously published under Q247593
When you try to log on to an Internet Information Services (IIS) 5.0 computer, the following error message may occur:
This problem may be caused by a number of reasons. However, the following are the most common:
- The users credentials (the username and password) are not correct.
- The user account may not have the right to log on to the computer interactively (the "Log On Locally" right). In some scenarios, the user account requires "Log On Locally" right.
Check the username and the password of the user to make sure that they are correct. If this is correct, be sure the user has the "log on locally" right granted to it.
To verify user rights, do the following:
- Open the Local Security Policy tool from the Administrative Tools folder.
- Click Local Policies, click User Rights Assignment, and then click the Log On Locally user right.
If the user account or group that the user belongs to is not listed, then add it.
See the Internet Information Services 5.0 documentation for more information about authentication. This documentation can be found at the following URL example:
Additional query words: IIS 5
Keywords: kbprb kbprod2web KB247593