Microsoft KB Archive/247491
Article ID: 247491
Article Last Modified on 11/12/2001
- Microsoft Cordless Phone System 1.0
This article was previously published under Q247491
You may be unable to use the handset for the Microsoft Cordless Phone System to record or change greetings for individual mailboxes.
This behavior can occur if the following conditions are true:
- Remote retrieval of messages is not enabled.
- You do not have a pre-existing greeting to be changed or edited.
To resolve this issue:
- In Microsoft Call Manager, click the Mailbox Setup tab.
- Under Main Greeting, click the mailbox that you want to use, and then click Properties.
- Under Remote Access Number, click to select the Enable remote retrieval of voice messages check box.
- Click Recording.
- On the File menu in the Mailbox Greeting dialog box, click Open.
- Click Female Greeting.wav or Female Greeting2.wav, and then click Open.
- Click OK, and then click OK again.
- Quit Call Manager.
To record or change a personalized greeting for an individual mailbox:
- On the cordless handset, press the SPEED button, and then press 99.
NOTE: If you hear a dial tone, hang up, and then repeat this step.
- When you hear your main greeting, press the ASTERISK (*) button on the handset.
- Dial the mailbox number that you want to change.
- Dial the remote access number for the mailbox, and then press the POUND (#) button on the handset.
NOTE: To record or change the greeting for a mailbox, you must know the remote access number for that mailbox. If you do not remember the remote access number for the mailbox, please see Call Manager online Help for information about how to change your remote access numbers.
- Press 0, and then press 3 to select the greeting menu.
- Press 1 to change the main greeting, or press 2 to change the mailbox greeting.
- To start recording your greeting, press 1.
- To stop recording your greeting, press POUND (#).
- To save your greeting, press 3.
- To record or change other mailbox greetings, repeat steps 3 through 9.
Additional query words: 1.00 mcps telephone wireless key microphone
Keywords: kbhardware kbui kbprb KB247491