Microsoft KB Archive/247296
PSS ID Number: 247296
Article Last Modified on 10/10/2003
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 SP2
This article was previously published under Q247296
Some messages that come in to Exchange Server from the Internet Mail Service may contain an empty From line. This article describes how to use the filtering option that is provided with Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack 2 (SP2) and later to discard these messages.
To use the filtering option:
- Start the Exchange Server Administrator program.
- Locate the Connections container in the site that contains the Internet Mail Service.
- Open the properties of the Internet Mail Service.
- Click the Connections tab, and then click Message Filtering.
- Click Add, and then type a single period in the Domain/User box.
- Stop and restart the Internet Mail Service.
The filtering option is available in the Exchange Server Administrator program in Exchange Server 5.5 SP2 and later. For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
193926 XFOR: TURFDIR Must Be Manually Created for Message Filtering
197289 XFOR: Internet Mail Service May Not Save Turfed Messages or Saves Them to an Unexpected Location
Additional query words: Turf IMC readme IMS
Keywords: kbhowto KB247296
Technology: kbExchange550SP2 kbExchangeSearch kbZNotKeyword2